Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Welcome!


Welcome to To See Japan! Take a second to browse around and explore the site. Its purpose is to talk about Japan and the many interesting things in it. I have a passion for Japan and would like to see it myself some day. But until I do, I would like to share my passion with you and anyone else who reads my blog.

Japan is an exotic place full of temples, strange foods, and a people group that has been built on tradition and honor. I first became interested in Japan through anime. While I'm not an avid watcher, I love the art style and some of the stories have really moved me. But if I live to be 100, I will always remember the anime movie that first interested me in Japan. When I was younger, I watched the movie Spirited Away by Studio Ghibli. The movie terrified me, but also sparked a flame deep inside of me. I watched that movie and my heart broke for Japan. It is focused on Japan's spiritual beliefs and the spirit world that the Japanese people fear so much. I couldn't fathom the hopelessness that some Japanese people must live in. I saw what they believe in and knew I wanted to do something.

I am a Christian and, as such, I am called to reach the world with God's message of hope and the coming of his Son. I knew then and there, after watching Spirited Away, that I wanted the Japanese people to know this hope. I want to go to them some day if the Lord will lead me.

And so I've created this blog. Through it, I would like to spread the word of Japan's desperate need for missions, as well as simple facts about the culture. But we can also have some fun. As I mentioned, I think Japan is an amazing place with a culture all its own. I would like to share that culture with you.

With this blog, we will explore the Japanese culture,  the people's beliefs, everyday life, the food, and anything else I can come up with.

I hope you will all enjoy this blog and will share it with other people. Let's explore Japan together. Let's see Japan!


Photo Credit: Tech in Asia 

No comments: